Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week 3

Map 1

Glad we finally learned the legends!! I was messing around with them in the cartography assignment but couldn't figure them out. Other than that it was fairly straight forward with no problems.

Map 2

This map was showed me how easily you can clutter up a map. Also, it was interesting to see the difference in speed of updating the screen with all the layers and lines everywhere. Other than that though, no major problems. I was trying to think of a better way to display the city names but with all the clutter around the city I could not.

Map 3

This one was my favorite!!! I'm going to be using DEM with my thesis so I was enjoying playing with this map. Anyway, the biggest trouble on this map was finding a good way to display the names of the small countries in Central America. I finally just shrunk them down so they would fit better but left Mexico and the United States large.

1 comment:

  1. Looking back, Mexico probably could have been a little darker in map 2. But at least this way it makes the lines and urban areas easier to see.

    ReplyDelete